The Storeroom Attendant / Driver assists the Manager in the daily operation of the storerooms and the delivery/collection of goods on behalf of Foodbank Lifeline Foundation Malta.
Available approximately 20 hours per week, and reports to the Manager.
The detailed responsibilities will be discussed and explained during an eventual interview, however will include:
- Collection of food and other items from designated places.
- Involvement in the organisation and control of the stores, including the preparation of food-packs for delivery to particular specifications.
- Delivery of the food-packs as required.
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager or by the Board of Administrators.
- Excellent communication skills to connect effectively with clients, suppliers, volunteers, board members and donors.
- Possess a positive attitude and ethics which support foodbank values and culture.
- To assist in the management of a fast-paced, high volume, clean, client focused storeroom.
- Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritise and organise.
- Ability to lift boxes/bags of reasonable weight and size.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year experience of dealing in a similar position.
- Valid clean Category B driving licence.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills of English and Maltese language.
We are driven by our mission
Our vision is the hope that one day there will no longer be the need for foodbanks in this country, because no charitable organisation can replace the dignity of buying your own food.
Until that day – our mission is to help people in desperate need, by ensuring no adult or child suffers the indignity of hunger – regardless of their race, religion or gender.
We do this by providing emergency food packs, which consist of a varied list of items that can sustain an individual, couple or family for a period of one week.
We help clients that are referred to us by the community and especially social workers, so that we can be sure the food we provide is really going to people who need it.
The core tasks of our operation are run by a team of volunteers, with a very hands-on Board of Directors always helping in any way possible. No matter whether it’s our volunteers, employed staff or our senior level directors, everyone involved with Foodbank Lifeline is working towards a common goal, making a difference.
If you feel that you share the same commitment towards our cause, we would love for you to consider joining our team.
Foodbank Lifeline Foundation – KMP-54625