EPG Financial Services Limited is a Maltese licensed Financial Institution, authorised to offer an attractive portfolio of payment solutions as well as e-money products. As a regulated Institution, EPG merges technologies, services and security into optimised payments solutions for its customers.
EPG is a fully owned subsidiary of the Gauselmann Group, an internationally active family-owned Group, committed to providing leisure-time entertainment and gaming fun with small stakes and prizes.
At EPG, we are currently looking for a Risk Officer to join, on a full-time basis, our international team in Malta. If you are a dedicated and ambitious professional wishing to work in an environment that rewards competence, then we would like to hear from you.
The Risk Officer will be reporting directly to the Board of Directors and Risk Committee, whilst liaising with the Chief Executive Officer, internal controls and other business functions. The main duties and responsibilities of the Risk Officer are as follows:
- Identifies potential threats to the financial and economic model and stability of EPG;
- Detects potential threats to operational efficiency including underperforming resources, personnel liabilities, business model deficiencies and safety risks;
- Recognises potential threats to EPG’s and Group’s reputation;
- Prepares and maintains internal and external data gathering for risk analysis and reporting.
- Designs and implements methods for avoiding potential threats;
- Delivers regular risk analysis reports to the board, together with actionable plans for the management of risk;
- Coordinates programs designed to minimise threats and anticipate threats to each Function within EPG;
- Oversees the business risk assessment and customer risk assessment programs;
- Helps to develops risk appetite statement, risk strategies, assessment and register;
- Helps oversee all audits of accounting practices, safety measures and compliance methodology;
- Conducts regular risk assessments either through a team of risk management experts or personally;
- Manages and prepares all documentation related to risk assessments and reviews of standard operating procedures;
- Effects due reporting with competent authorities, as applicable; and
- Generally, obliges by the applicable provisions at law, regulations, guidelines and authorities’ expectation.
- Pro-active person with a can-do and decisive approach.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks on an individual and team basis, as applicable.
- Good team player who leads with motivation whilst maintaining a satisfactorily level of accuracy and quality in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to establish effective relationships, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Be computer literate and experienced in the use of MS Office and Adobe.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Education & Professional Experience
The Ideal candidate should be in possession of a first degree in an area related to banking, economics, finance, mathematics or statistics from a recognised university. Have a minimum three (3) years continuous work experience in risk management or internal audit consultancy, or internal control and related functions with licensed and regulated entities;
The following professional and personal attributes shall be considered an asset:
- Work experience in the payment services sector, including e-wallet services;
- Confident, motivated and self-sufficient;
- Flexible and comfortable with a broad variety of duties;
- Meticulous and organised, very attentive to detail;
- Genuine and loyal person;
- Proactive, emotionally intelligent individual with great people skills and keen eye for detail;
- Analytical and good time management skills and the ability to work independently;
- Strong values combined with a readiness to challenge convention;
- In possession of all required permits to work and reside in Malta at all times.
EPG Financial Services Ltd – KMP-53358