In the role of Senior Officer (Information Technology and Telecoms), the Officer shall be responsible to oversee and assist management in IT&T matters, including full development, maintenance and support life cycles of information systems and any other deliverables in line with the aims and objectives of the Authority.
- Assist the line superior in drafting the IT&T strategy and business plan;
- Assist in the development and implementation of IT&T policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development;
- Analysis of the performance of software systems and proposals for improvements;
- To plan, lead, co-ordinate and implement software development projects for new systems, ensuring appropriate documentation and adherence to processes, procedures and best practices;
- To review, modify, support and maintain information systems and databases in use within the organisation in line with industry best practices and technological trends and provide training on these systems to users;
- To plan, coordinate, implement, develop and monitor web services and system components to enable data exchange and interoperability with external entities as directed;
- To plan, recommend and implement changes to infrastructure and backend systems in line with changes in hardware, version upgrades and improvements in technologies;
- Assist contractors to design, develop, implement, operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems;
- To coordinate, review and implement database administration tasks for the proper, adequate and secure data storage, manipulation and availability;
- Identify and resolve any ICT / IS issues in a timely fashion in order to effectively minimise any operations downtime;
- Review of the feasibility of systems development / upgrades;
- To create, plan, set up, implement, maintain and review the Business Continuity and ICT Disaster Recovery Plans concerning software systems, databases and backend solutions;
Other ICT Duties include:
- Managing inventory of technology hardware, software, resources and develop and maintain IT&T documentation;
- Meet with ERA Officers and other entities to discuss, analyse and implement system requirements, specifications, costs and timelines;
- To draw up tender documents and requests for quotations for software systems, components and hardware and to evaluate and participate in the evaluation processes.
Job Entry Requirements / Qualifications:
- Applicant must be in possession of a minimum Bachelor’s degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum total of 180 ECTS credits in IT / ICT or comparable qualification as recognized by NCFHE;
- Alternatively, in case of no first degree, a Master’s degree (MQF Level 7) with a minimum total of 90 ECTS credits in IT / ICT or comparable qualification as recognized by NCFHE;
- A minimum of 3 years post-graduate relevant experience in a similar IT&T role;
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of information technology and software development with a firm understanding of related disciplines including SQL databases and GIS products and processes.
- €32,000 +
Environment & Resources Authority – KMP-55870