- To provide general secretarial support for Section Heads, Team Managers and other senior officers, on an interchangeable basis, within the Authority;
- Supporting their designated senior officers in the clerical / administration needs of their Directorate functions, including the word-processing / typing of all required documents, reports, memoranda and correspondence;
- Giving and receiving messages to / from external bodies, members of the public and Authority staff on behalf of the senior officer/s and taking necessary follow up action as directed, maintaining appropriate confidentiality on all matters;
- Providing first-line customer service to visitors, callers on behalf of the senior officer/s both face to face or over the phone and maintaining good client relations including involvement (as required), in front-of-house activities;
- preparing (as required) acknowledgements, entering these into the system registers, copying decisions and inputting other relevant details into the information system;
- Ensuring that section correspondence / documents are dealt with according to laid down standards and procedures, including (as necessary) classification, registration, pre-filing action, filing and retrieval of such material / documents;
- Clerical assistance (as required) in the preparation of statutory notices, recording decisions from relevant bodies, preparing and dispatching decision notices; and
- To carry out related ancillary clerical tasks necessary for proper fulfilment of job requirements, including (as required through confidentiality needs or work exigencies), photocopying and collating clerical material.
Job entry requirements:
- Four (4) ‘O’ level passes including Maltese and English (MQF level 3 sec grades 1-5) and
- Knowledge of Microsoft office.
Environment & Resources Authority – KMP-53254