The Chief Executive Officer of the Energy and Water Agency invites interested applicants to fill in the vacant position of Officer (Energy) (grade 5)with the agency.
The post of Officer forms part of the Energy and Water Agency and will be working within the Agency’s Energy unit.
The Officer may be required to work under pressure, unsupervised and may be required by the Agency’s management to work at the office during after-hours.
The duties of the Officer may include inter alia:
- Assist in work on the development including policy issue identification, research, consultation and analysis, preparation of options and recommendations and implementation of policy frameworks;
- Assist in work on modelling and forecasting of policy options and the interpretations of results of modelling the simulations and drafts reports on the conclusions reached;
- Assist in work on the financing of policy under review;
- Assist in introducing, administering and maintaining policy review frameworks on a continuous basis and subsequently contributes to policy review frameworks on a continuous basis and subsequently to policy review as a result of global, EU and national development, changes to international agreements, EU and national strategies, directives, etc.;
- Prepares work with regards to, and liaises with, the Permanent Representation, EU Secretariat, Ministries and government entities on a policy design issues related to conventional energy, renewable energy emerging technologies;
- Assists in drafting, issuance and maintenance of documentation and/or other related systems that articulate the Energy and Water Agency’s policy positions and / or procedures to the relevant internal or external stakeholders;
- Assist in developing a standard system of project planning, scheduling and reporting to support project success in meeting the project goals;
- Assist in developing project reporting tools and the assessment of project status information in order to highlight any deviations from planned objectives and carried out correct via action;
- Assist in tracking and monitoring of changes to contractual obligations / parameters and highlights important aspects that may impact contractual obligations;
- Participates in project management review board;
- Assists in developing a risk management framework;
- Assists in developing methodologies and survey instrument to determine the level of knowledge with regard energy demand management, energy technologies, etc;
- Assists in the carrying out of surveys, focus groups, research, etc, to determine baseline understanding of domestic, industries and commercial users’ level of k knowledge with regard to management of energy consumption and how energy demand can be managed more efficiently and effectively;
- Assists in the design and implementation of communication and education strategies directed at different cohorts of society;
- Prepares and presents reports and other documentation to senior management as necessary;
- Any other tasks assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- MQF level 6 in the field of Engineering, Science, European Studies or related discipline or equivalent professional qualification;
- Due consideration will be given to applicants who have a technical background in energy and /or EU affairs;
- Candidates who are in their final year of studies are also eligible to apply. In these cases, if the candidate is selected, the contract will only be signed when official results certifying the award of the qualification from the academic institution under which the candidate is following his/her studies are provided.
Energy & Water Agency – KMP-53621