The Head of Communications and Public Relations is responsible for managing and directing the company’s internal and external communications. He/She shall work directly with the Chief Executive Officer to develop and implement the company’s communication plan to ensure effective communication and good relationships with all internal and external stakeholders. Moreover, this role is accountable to manage and coordinate the day-to-day operations of the Communications Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to manage the company’s website and social media sites to develop and maintain sound social media presence;
- Compiles and edits news from across the company and its subsidiaries and delivering it to key audiences via different channels of communication;
- Responsible to arrange media interviews including but not limited to print, online, radio or television, obtain press coverage for major events and announce important news related to the company and its operations;
- Responsible to produce or collaborates on all company’s publications including but not limited to annual reports, periodical newsletters, newspapers, magazines and promotional material;
- Accountable to develop and implement an ongoing company branding campaign;
- Projecting a positive company image to all stakeholders;
- Develops and implements effective communications strategies leading to improve customer perception and satisfaction;
- Prepares detailed media activity reports;
- Serves as the first company’s contact person for all media queries;
- Serves as the company’s spokesperson as directed by the Chief Executive Officer;
- Ensures quality control of all information released;
- Manages the entire communications budget;
- Responsible to manage special events and other activities aimed towards gaining public attention and improving the interaction with the general public;
- Writes press releases, media announcements and speeches for the company’s Executives;
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with media houses and representatives;
- Responsible to manage and deliver in-house communication courses to staff through the entire company;
- Accountable to provide effective crisis management solutions when the need arises;
- Coordinates marketing campaigns to promote new and existent services offered by the company or its subsidiaries;
- Manages and supervises the work and activities of the staff working within the Communications department;
- Accountable to design and implement a corporate framework for internal communications via the intranet to ensure that communication is effectively disseminated throughout the entire company;
- Manages the company’s corporate social responsibility programme;
- Responsible to monitor the corporate image frequently and ensure that it is in line with the company’s strategy;
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer or his delegate.
- Directly supervises the staff of the Communications Office.
- Will receive direct supervision from the Chief Executive Officer or his designated representative.
- May be requested to work abnormal hours according to the work exigencies and must be reachable outside normal working hours.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent organisational and planning skills;
- Must have strong written / oral communication, research, proofreading and leadership skills;
- Must have demonstrated skills in the use of both Maltese and English Language;
- Must have strong aptitude in presentations and public speaking;
- Must have a proven ability to lead communications strategies;
- Ability to work under minimum supervision;
- Ability to work on several tasks simultaneously, work against tight deadlines and remain calm and focused;
- Must have experience in establishing a strong working relationship with all stakeholders;
- Must have adequate knowledge and understanding of communications practices, tools and techniques in social media;
- Must have excellent time management skills;
- Must be capable to develop and nurture an effective communications team.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Must be in possession of a certificate in the field of Public Relations or Communications or Journalism or Television;
- Must have at least fifteen (15) years work experience in Public Relations or Communications or Journalism or Television with at least ten (10) years proven work experience in proofreading in both Maltese and English;
- Must have proven experience in managing and mentoring a communications or public relations team.
Applications must be received by 12pm (noon) on Friday 13th November 2020.
Jobsplus Permit Number 628/2020.
Enemalta plc – KMP-56288