We’re Deriv. We’re all about trading. We’re the geeky upstarts who pioneered an industry. That was 20 years ago. We’re still going strong. More than a million traders from around the globe have trusted us with their money. We work across continents so traders can get trading simply, from anywhere, at any time and every time. Be part of something big. Join us.
You’ll be part of the Back-end team at Deriv.com. We design, develop, and debug the company’s server-side apps and databases to delight our customers with a flawless digital experience.
As a Back-end Developer at Deriv.com, you’ll create high-performance software that will be the core of our trading services. Your clean code contributes to better integration and leads to engaging products. You will improve the scalability of our suite of tools, from APIs to web and mobile apps to plugins, helping us to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
What you’ll do:
- Build and test scalable, low-latency applications, APIs, and plugins for our customers, internal teams, and third-party developers.
- Troubleshoot applications during development and deployment.
- Build automated unit and integration tests and perform code reviews to improve the code quality.
- Participate in the deployment of new products and features by collaborating with other teams.
- Make codebases consistent and maintainable.
What you have:
- Expertise in programming languages, preferably Perl, Python, PHP, C/C++, Go, or Ruby.
- Ability to produce high-quality, self-documenting code by using test-driven development (TDD) techniques.
- Knowledge of information security and data protection.
- Excellent spoken and written English communication skills.
What’s good to have:
- Experience with asynchronous programming and scalable systems.
- Experience with relational database design and / or open-source RDBMS systems such as MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- Background in Linux and other open-source platforms.
What we’ll give you:
- Growth-inducing challenges.
- Productive work atmosphere.
- Cooperation, support, and empowerment.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Market-based salary.
- Annual performance bonus.
- Health benefits.
- Casual dress code.
- Travel and internet allowances.
Malta is a historical archipelago country in the middle of the Mediterranean Sea. Rich with beautiful beaches, cathedrals, museums, cafes, and retail outlets, Malta is an ideal location to work from.
Deriv (Europe) Ltd – KMP-56984