What impact will you make?
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic and experienced team member to enrich our diverse Risk Advisory Department, and help us make an impact that matters.
Our team specialises in collaborating with clients’ leadership to improve processes and procedures in areas such as governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance and technology. The ultimate aim is to assist organizations and businesses in general in reducing, managing and mitigating a wide range of risks, enabling them to take intelligent and well-informed risk decisions.
Deloitte’s global network provides the opportunity to take your career to the next level through cross-border collaboration and continuous learning within frameworks developed by leading industry professionals. Constant challenging by clients, team members and peers along the way will help you enhance your analytical, communication and leadership skills enabling you to reach your full potential.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
The candidate will form part of the Regulatory & Strategic Risk team that provides professional services to clients in the areas of financial crime, regulatory compliance, governance and risk management. S/he will work under the direction and supervision of a manager, and will be expected to contribute towards planning of advisory engagements, and have overall responsibility for the execution of work programmes and subsequent reporting.
You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of a client’s business and internal risk management framework and controls, to identify shortcomings and areas for improvement and make recommendations that add value to the business.
- Carry out in-depth reviews of clients’ compliance with relevant regulations, providing gap assessments and remediation recommendations that add value and support the client in achieving regulatory compliance.
- Carry out research and build technical knowledge on new or changing regulations of interest in all areas of regulatory compliance and risk management.
- Apply previously acquired technical knowledge on relevant regulatory, compliance or risk topics in a relevant and proportionate manner to the client’s business and circumstances.
- Draft policies and procedures that reflect the client’s internal processes and include recommendations made to strengthen internal controls and regulatory compliance.
- Document work performed and findings in a logical, thorough and structured manner, in line with firm methodology and relevant guidance.
- Drafting reports, including communicating findings to senior management.
- Advise the client on solving control design issues based on industry leading practices and regulatory requirements.
- Plan and execute a project to deliver a superior client experience.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ working experience within risk, compliance, finance or similar, with a focus on AML / CFT and / or other areas of regulatory compliance (e.g. GDPR, PSD2). Experience within a supervisory role, or within the second or third line of defence of a business, will be considered favourably.
- Knowledge and experience of AML / CFT regulations and their implementation in practice. Knowledge of other regulations related to the financial services industries will be considered an asset.
- University degree in Banking and Finance, Risk Management, Business Administration or a related field.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Advanced report writing skills.
- Sound computer literacy: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Project management and leadership skills.
- Result-oriented and quality driven.
- Analytical and problem solving skills and an eye for detail.
Deloitte offers global professional services that include audit, risk advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Malta and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates with.
We are led by a purpose: “To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society”. This purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Our Talent Experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique talent experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
Deloitte – KMP-55440