To provide support in the administration of logistics operations throughout the Supply Chain. Assist in the organisation of the shipment of high value and secure cargo to and from internal sites and direct to customers. Process all shipments in line with local regulations.
Support incoming requirements and monitor materials and components against target dates providing support for best incoterm management, control and ability to track against production requirements. Procurement alignment against order delivery dates.
- Provide support in accepting delivery of identified items and maintaining their security.
- Manage import / export of product on time and following all security procedures.
- To administer customer files and ensure all filing is carried out in a timely manner including archiving where appropriate.
- Book and confirm shipments with authorised freight forwarders.
- Maintain standard operating procedures, ensuring all documents meet the requires standards.
- Assists and prepares data for periodic reports in a timely manner.
- Liaises with procurement and makes sure all material is available on site as per requirements to meet manufacturing schedules.
- Follow up on materials with an established on-site delivery date in view of any impact on delivery from any of the business units requiring the specific material or parts.
- Preparation of call forward documents.
- Preparation of all customs entries required.
- Preparation of all required shipping documents to allow shipments to leave as per established schedule whilst following both internal procedures and legal obligations.
- Provide assistance to procurement, planning and customer support teams when shipping information is required to fulfil customer expectations.
- Must be flexible to support exceptional needs.
- Attend all required meetings.
- Provide relevant daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Supports the behaviour of working as ‘One De La Rue’, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Ensures full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process & maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities / programs.
- Always acts and behaves in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business and demonstrate our understanding of our code of business principles.
- Our organisation values are:
- Act with integrity.
- Be open to change.
- Take responsibility.
- Excel in what we do.
- Work together.
- To display the De La Rue values and behaviours.
- Undertakes any other ad-hoc duties as required.
The selected candidate will ideally have:
- O’ level in English, Maltese and Maths.
- Exceptional understanding of written and spoken English.
- Ability to organise and work with large amounts of information.
- A good level of numeracy is essential.
- Experience in logistics preferred supported with relevant qualifications.
- Full understanding of Incoterms.
- Solid understanding and use of MS Office applications.
- Customs knowledge would be considered an asset.
De La Rue Currency & Security Print Limited – KMP-54641