The AML Officer will be a member of the Ongoing Monitoring Team, in respect to the KYC changes that occur within businesses, reporting directly to the AML Team Leader and provide support to the company globally. He/ She will work closely with team members, the Team Leader and the Head of Risk Operations on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
These duties, which relate to the post of the employee and which, due to the dynamic nature of the company’s business, may evolve and change continuously, include but are not limited to:
- Performing ongoing monitoring, know your customer, anti-money laundering, fraud checks on existing clients.
- Checking all actions carried out at onboarding and reevaluating, using tools such as company watch, webshield, world check and salesforce
- Checking and approving payments within our core banking system
- Carrying out KYC on new banking clients.
- Liaising directly with internal teams, such as Fraud, Financial Risk, Underwriting, Legal, Operations and Payments teams.
- Raising suspicious activity to the MLRO where appropriate.
- Ensuring that data storage, whether electronic or physical, is in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate records management systems, tools, and processes are in place.
- Ensure we are compliant with all third-party authorities which provide us licenses to carry out our business. These would include Visa, MasterCard and the MFSA.
- Ensuring the company acts in accordance with current EU and local AML legislation, namely the Financial Intelligence Analysis Unit’s (FIAU) Implementing Procedures, PMLFTR and the PMLA.
- Escalate with the company’s governance structure, as appropriate, any identified GAPs, deficiencies, or requirements to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and policies.
- Ensuring that service-level agreements (SLA) are met.
- Related diploma or degree.
- Possess excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Be highly organised, pro-active, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be a team player and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Be fluent in oral and written English.
Benefits of working for Credorax:
Our bright open-plan offices are in the heart of Valletta, Malta’s historic capital city, offering a modern, functional and welcoming environment. As part of our standard remuneration package, we offer parking allowances and private health, dental and life insurances. We also offer discounted corporate gym rates, daily fresh fruit and family-friendly measures as well as exciting company events.
Credorax – KMP-53697