Burmarrad Commercials Ltd. is Malta’s leading supplier of new and used vehicles, warehouse equipment, industrial machinery and special purpose vehicles. The company operates a client-friendly vehicle rental and leasing service which supplies private, commercial vehicles and industrial machinery employing over 60 personnel.
Our company offers a complete service to its clients handling mechanical maintenance and repairs, electrical and air conditioning, vehicle body works, spray painting, panel beating and tyre services.
We are currently looking for a full-time Finance Executive to join our team. Reporting to the Directors and Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Executive will coordinate the financial activities, including planning, organizing, and controlling the operations in the Finance department.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that accounting, budgeting and financial reporting policies, procedures and systems satisfy the needs of the Group, external auditors and government agencies, and initiate change or enhancement in such policies, procedures and systems where necessary to result in better financial analysis and reporting, with greater timeliness and reduced overall workload;
- Prepare monthly management accounts and budgets, monitor the group’s financial performance and measure the group’s financial performance against financial plans and budgets;
- Ensure the delivery of integrity, timeliness and accuracy in controls and reports, with a priority on providing meaningful information that contributes to management decision-making;
- Develop key performance indicators and financial metrics to manage the business better, to reflect and support the current scale and future growth of the group, as well as supplementing highly effective budgeting and strategic planning process;
- Manage cash flow, debt collection and creditor payments;
- Payroll preparation;
- Contribute towards talent development of the team members in the finance team, willing to take on a hands-on approach and assist them as and when required, hence promoting teamwork across the Group
- Complete quarterly VAT returns in a timely manner;
- Plan, supervise and ensure that auditing of group companies takes place;
- Assist with corporate financing, project evaluation, investments, acquisitions, foreign investment and special projects;
- Assist in tendering evaluations, planning, budgeting and financial schedules;
- E.U. / National Grants that our business may benefit from;
- IT system updating and continuous improvement;
- Other general duties that may be required by the directors and chief financial officer.
The ideal candidate should:
- Be qualified or at the final stages of ACCA qualification;
- Have experience in a similar position;
- Have a questioning mind and possess good analytical skills – with an ability to define and resolve issues;
- Deadline and results-oriented;
- Good communication and coordination skills.
Burmarrad Group – KMP-56491