An exciting opportunity exists to join a dynamic, multi-national aviation-focused group of companies.
The SUM Aviation Group owns and operates several diverse but related aviation businesses in Europe. Among them is our EASA Part 145 company Bravo Aircraft Technical Services Limited (BATS). BATS is an EASA Part 145 aircraft maintenance organisation focused on providing customers with around-the-clock range of customised, comprehensive line maintenance solutions to support all their operational needs.
BATS is in a dynamic process of development and the position of Finance Executive is a key role within the organisation. We believe strongly in internal development and promotion and this opportunity for personal growth is part of the SUM culture. This is a part-time role (circa 25 hours weekly) and will be based in Malta.
Principal Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closer with rest of the finance team
- Obtaining approvals for and posting purchasing invoices
- Liaising with creditors
- Reconciling creditor accounts
- Preparing payment runs
- Posting sales invoices
- Liaising and chasing debtors
- Reconciling debtor accounts
- Sending out debtor statements
- Posting bank transactions
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations (e.g. maintaining supporting sheet for accruals, prepayments)
- Assisting with audit requests for Maltese entities and Maltese quarterly vat reporting
- Other tasks, as required to assist finance team
- Assisting with audit requests for Irish entities and Irish bi-monthly VAT reporting
- Assisting with BATS engineering / planning on MRX, their engineering software system
- The ideal candidate would have experience in a similar role in an accounts receivable / accounts payable finance function environment and would possess some working knowledge of accounting systems.
- Previous experience within a corporate environment to ensure that management has access to up-to-date financial information to enable them to make timely decisions about the business
- Demonstrate the following competencies: flexibility, initiative, effective teamwork, effective communication.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail
- Possess sound knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially MS Excel
- A flexible team player, highly committed and self-motivated with good business acumen.
- Be highly organised and efficient.
- Be able to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Fluent in English
Preferable, but not essential requirements:
- Experience using Sage Evolution
- Hold / studying for an accounting qualification
- Knowledge of accounting policies and VAT regulations within the aviation sector
Bravo Aircraft Technical Services – KMP-56079