Bindi Limited is a trading company engaged in the food service industry. The company’s main responsibilities are to carry out activities in connection with the catering and food & beverage sector. The company’s main ownership is the TukTuk™ brand. A trademarked brand that is involved in the preparation of Indian food for dine-ins, take outs, home deliveries and tailored catering events.
Are you a creative and passionate Chef? We are looking for a full-time Indian Chef to join our team with substantial experience and mastery in preparation of Indian dishes relevant to our established menu.
- Knowledge and experience in preparing all types of Indian dishes.
- To prepare food in accordance with menu recipes, quality criteria and quantities required.
- Compliance with all company operational kitchen processes and procedures, achieving all required standards.
- Observe safety and sanitation procedures – keeping utensils, food equipment, storage areas and cooking areas clean.
- Preparation, cooking and presenting dishes within your specialty; tandoori, curries and other Indian dishes such as biryani, dosa and others.
- Coordinate with the rest of the kitchen brigade to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies.
- Cooking food in a timely manner.
- Maintain the integrity and authenticity of recipes offered at the respective section.
- Consistently maintain food and safety protection by ensuring that all food handling processes are compliant with
- HACCP food safety guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Ensure the safety, cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen at all times.
- Be up-to-date with current food trends.
- Perform any reasonable duties as required from time to time in order to contribute to the achievement of business aims and objectives.
- Proven work experience as a chef, with at least a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in a similar role.
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen experience including the tandoor oven.
- Observe HACCP protocols and internal operating procedures.
- Able to work weekends and public holidays and commit to flexible working hours.
- Be in possession of Culinary Diploma, Certificate in Food Preparation and / or similar certification.
- Have the necessary permits to work in Malta.
- Have a good level of written and spoken English.
- Be able to work under pressure both in a team and own initiative.
- Excellent knowledge of various cooking procedures, methods and equipment.
- The ability to multitask and perform efficiently when under pressure.
Bindi Ltd – KMP-56428