Aviaserve, formerly GlobeGround Malta, is Malta’s only truly independent Ground Handling Agent: it is one of two entities that are fully licensed to conduct passenger, ramp and cargo handling services at Malta International Airport.
In an industry that too often adopts a one-sized formula, we pride ourselves in offering a highly customised level of service, which is entirely tailored around our individual customers’ requirements.
Aviaserve is driven by an uncompromising commitment to safety, reliability, on-time performance and customer service. We deploy the very highest industry standards in the course of our operation.
At Aviaserve we employ more than 450 employees, handle over 17,000 flights a year, and serve over 2 million passengers.
We are now seeking to recruit a Payroll Manager to manage the entire payroll process and ensure that the monthly run is processed accurately and in a timely manner.
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manage and direct all payroll procedures
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and internal policies are fulfilled
- Develop systems to process payroll account transactions (e.g. salaries, benefits, deductions, taxes, etc.)
- Coordinate timekeeping and payroll systems
- Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new engagements, terminations, salary adjustments) and system upgrades
- Liaise with auditors and manage payroll audits
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related queries
- Supervise and coach the payroll team
- Maintain accurate electronic spreadsheets for financial and accounting data
- Work in close liaison with other departments.
The ideal candidate should have:
- A proven track record of managing the entire payroll process of at least 350 employees;
- An A’ level standard of education, or equivalent;
- Must have a positive, can-do, upbeat personality;
- Be meticulous and have attention to details;
- Have excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrate integrity, team spirit and strong organizational skills.
Knowledge of DataByte payroll software, or other payroll software package would be considered an asset.
Aviaserve Limited – KMP-55473