Ascent Software is a dynamic group and a premier provider of digital transformation projects to global corporate client bases including Bosch, G4S, Hive, BT, BDO, RSM amongst others. These companies entrust us with delivering their digital journey in the best possible way and we achieve this by empowering our teams to develop fantastic solutions and by applying our agile processes to every project. The business’s main development centres are in Bulgaria, Malta and UK, with 350 developers spread across 20 countries.
- World-class delivery and attention to detail
- Strong customer focus
- Fast-paced environment
- Can-do approach
- Positive attitude towards change
- Quick and eager to learn
- Highly collaborative
This role requires the candidate to be based in Malta.
Ascent is looking for a highly motivated, results orientated Senior Backend Developer. As a member of the Development team, you will play an active role in the development and maintains of Windows subsystem software of an automotive recording and calibration embedded device.
The Windows embedded code is mainly written in C#, but some modules are implemented in modern C++ (C++11), and the solution makes extensive use of COM. As the core software component automates most of the device processes by Windows API, candidates should be able to understand the low-level mechanisms of the operating system. Good familiarity with scripting (batch, PowerShell) would be considered an asset, as would familiarity with Linux OS scripting since part of the device functionalities are implemented in a real-time Linux subsystem.
Quality is of utmost importance and whilst there are a number of QA Engineers in the team, all the developers on the team are expected to have a good understanding of testing methodologies, and shall also contribute to code reviews, static analyser reports and documentation describing the details of their implementations including specific architectural areas.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years C# backend development experience
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Experience with security protocols and security best practices
- Experience with network programming
- Experience with Scrum
- Experience with Git
- Teamwork – work well within a team and within established boundaries
- Can do approach – flexible and able to provide effective solutions
- Communication – conveying information effectively and demonstrating active listening
- Attention to detail – ability to achieve thoroughness and accuracy when accomplishing a task
Other skills that are considered an asset for this role:
- Knowledge of .Net Interoperability
- Knowledge of the Windows OS architecture
- Knowledge of advanced debugging techniques (crash dump analysis)
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Component Object Model
- Knowledge of Linux OS
- PowerShell scripting
- Bash scripting
Why join Ascent
Ascent Software is on an upward trajectory to become a leading European provider of digital transformation with very clear targets on how to get there. Your role with us will help drive your career path upwards. We have an open and friendly environment and commitment to empowering employee growth through training / upskilling and we are a fast-growing company with modern offices in good locations. You will be involved in delivering exciting technology projects to leading global clients across the world.
We offer competitive salaries with a clear progression path and have great employee benefits such as relax area, an X-Box, table soccer, regular team buildings and company events and others.
Ascent – KMP-55553