We are currently seeking to recruit a full-time Junior Software Developer to join Arkadia’s growing team in I.T. The selected candidate will report to the Head of Information Technology Department and assist the team with the overall management and up-keeping of software.
- Identify, document and resolve issues related to company applications, carrying out research if necessary.
- Provide support in the bug-fixing of code during and after development stages.
- Tending to relevant service requests received via the helpdesk system, email and / or phone.
- Extract data from various database sources via SQL-based tools, for reporting or BI functions.
- Conduct maintenance of current and future databases, as well as administration duties such as updating and creating relevant IT support documentation.
- Ensure corporate systems and data are secure from internal and external threats.
- Assist in test data restorations and data replication verification checks.
The ideal candidate would
Have knowledge and experience of the following programming languages and usage scenarios:
- C# Sharp + .NET – desktop applications.
- Have a diploma in Software Development or better.
- Be knowledgeable in SQL and Databases (mainly Microsoft SQL, mySQL).
- Be willing to learn, use and administer our software packages.
- Be motivated, have a positive attitude, be eager to learn and keep up with IT technologies.
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as individually
Knowledge or experience in the below will be considered an asset
Programming languages and usage scenarios:
- VBScript – Various scripts for core system applications and some Windows automation scripts.
- Batch Script – Windows Automation scripts.
- Delphi – desktop / console applications to connect to core company databases.
Training for this role shall be provided, however, previous experience in a similar role will be considered an asset.
Arkadia Marketing Limited – KMP-56065