About the European Depositary Bank
The European Depositary Bank is a provider of banking, depositary and custody services within the Apex Group Ltd, a global financial services provider with 3,000 staff across 40+ offices globally. In this international environment you will participate in all advantages and benefits of a collective bargaining agreement for bank employees. We support our employees, provide for a good work-life balance and apply a continuing learning policy.
Every employee plays a part in making our company who we are today and the more that we grow, the more important that becomes. However your career path or specialism will look like we provide, together with Apex Group Ltd, a global fast-growing platform to allow you to thrive.
We are currently looking for a qualified Accountant to support our accounting and financial reporting department out of Malta. If you want to be part of our multidisciplinary team and are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply for this role.
Your main activities:
- Support for internal projects
- Support with accounting area (e.g. foreign branches)
- Support with the enquiry auditors and tax inspectors as well as with regard to internal accounting-related cases
- Support execution of various data quality checks and processing of report requirements
- Support of the creation of internal and external reports
- Support preparation of tax and TAV returns,
- Control and monitoring of payment instructions
- Support Preparation and compilation of statistics
- Educational level / working experience
- Banking / commercial apprenticeship or
- Bachelor’s degree in economics / finance / business administration
- 2 years of relevant working experience or comparable education
- Technical capabilities
- LUXGAAP / IFRS knowledge
- Accounting knowledge
- MS Office
- IBSY knowledge advantageous
- Language skills
- German – fluent
- English – fluent
- Other languages – advantageous
What you will get in return:
You can look forward to an interesting and broad field of activities within a successfully growing company. You will experience the advantages of a bank, flat hierarchies and an attractive work environment providing you a long-term perspective for your personal and professional development. We provide for opportunities for personal and professional career development and offer a highly competitive salary package to the successful candidate.
Ready for the challenge?
If you are interested in this challenge, we look forward to receive your application documents (motivation letter, CV, testimonials / reference letters, if any) including additional information about your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectations via the ‘Apply Now’ button below, addressing Mrs. Maruska Zammit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. Any hiring decision is made on the basis of skills, qualifications and experiences.
All applications are treated as strictly confidential.
We measure our success as a business, not only by delivering great products and services and continually increasing our assets under administration and market share, but also by how we positively impact people, society and the planet.
For more information on our commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) please visit our website.
Apex Group Ltd – KMP-57351