The Supply / Logistics Planner is responsible for the development and execution of the supply plan. This position will be responsible for translating the sales forecast into a supply plan for providing requirements to internal and third party manufacturing sites, working closely with sites to ensure on-time delivery of finished goods, bulk, and API according to requirements, managing daily inventory requirements through direct coordination with other functional groups (not limited to logistics, procurement, regulatory, quality assurance, sales, and marketing).
This position will also be responsible for organising transport both for the finished goods and the raw materials. The Supply / Logistics Planner will ensure best practices are leveraged in supply and inventory management processes.
This position will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager, APAC.
Primary responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Develop supply plan based on sales forecast and other planning parameters.
- Translate supply plan into executable purchase orders and stock transfer orders with internal and third-party manufactures.
- Work with internal and third-party manufactures on a routine basis to deliver requested finished goods, bulk, and API inventory according to a scheduled timeline and quantity requirements.
- Organise transportation of goods with relevant forwarding companies in line with GDP.
- Optimisation of the routes and schedules for road, air and multiple modes of transports.
- Participate in the development of the supply planning strategy and implement relevant elements.
- Optimise inventory / supply holdings to limit excess and obsolete inventory while ensuring the satisfaction of customer orders.
- Preparing the documents for performing the import and export operations, calculating the duties, taxes.
- Balance inventory requirements to minimise the potential for back-orders.
- Support the Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning Process (SIOP) through relevant metric reporting and summary of key supply / capacity constraints.
- Participate in new product introduction and product transfer teams and ensure supply plans are developed, communicated and executed in support of the project timelines. In conjunction with the Global Operations and Global Supply Chain teams, ensure policies and procedures are in place and documented which meet compliance requirements
Qualifications, Experience & other Requirements
- Knowledge of Supply Chain concepts and best practices
- Experience in Logistics and GDP procedures.
- Strong process and systems knowledge
- Experience in the areas of Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Materials Management, Inventory Management and Sales / Operations Planning
- Experience with GMP, FDA and other regulatory requirements
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, Mathematics and Statistics or equivalent certification
- Knowledge of SAP
- At least three years’ experience within a similar role.
- Good command of English
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Business focus
- Drive for results
- Building team spirit
- Customer service
- Embracing change
Alvogen Malta Group Services Limited – KMP-53294