There has never been a more exciting time to join the authentic Japanese restaurant and lounge bar in the heart of Valletta; Aki. The Chef de Partie will assist the Sous Chef in the hot kitchen outlet / operation and to ensure that the company’s excellent reputation for food quality is maintained at all times.
- Assist the Sous Chef in the area assigned to him / her on the day.
- To prepare food in accordance with menu recipes, quality criteria’s and quantities required.
- Maintain the integrity and authenticity of recipes offered at the respective restaurant / section.
- Source authentic ingredients and / or recommend substitute ingredients, if not available on the Maltese Islands.
- Optimise cooking processes with attention to speed and quality.
- Maintain outlet safety at all times.
- Consistently maintain food and safety protection by ensuring that all food handling processes are compliant with HACCP food safety guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Interact with customers, communicating menu items and promoting dishes listed on menu.
- Work within the budgetary framework established for the department.
- Experience working in a hot kitchen environment.
- Knowledge of basic kitchen preparation and various dishes and cooking methods.
- Sound knowledge of authentic ingredients and substitute ingredients.
- Speaks English.
- An eye for detail and a passion for food and innovation.
- Physically fit.
- Willing to work on a shift basis in a busy kitchen environment.
- Maintains a high level of personal hygiene.
- Conforms with grooming standards.
AKI Restaurant – KMP-56236