AG Installations Ltd is an established leading building services company that specializes in quality services of electrical and mechanical installations, for residential, commercial and industrial needs. We have already established our mark in the local market by building a trust-based relationship and a loyal service that provides assurance with the completion of each product. By employing more competent people, we are looking to strengthen our team and continue to deliver an impeccable service.
The HR Manager will report to the company director and assist in the daily and strategic management of the circa 70 employees within the institution. The person will be expected to add value to the strategic direction of the company apart from solving any issues between management and staff.
- Oversee employee payroll.
- Updates the director of all matters regarding employees.
- Manage vacation leave, sick leave, performance management, staff training.
- General administration.
- Organisational and departmental planning.
- Implement a performance management programme.
- Create a role evaluation structure and employee job description.
- Assist management in the daily job requirements of staff.
- Motivate employees.
- Minimise staff costs.
- Maximise company profitability.
- Resolve any issues before they escalate.
- Listen to staff concerns and harmonise workflows within the company.
- Plan and assist in the staff recruitment (and if necessary termination) process, ensure a satisfactory onboarding programme.
- Ensure the organisation and development, safety, wellness, benefits, employee motivation, communication, training, disciplinary procedures within the institution.
- Identify opportunities for staff improvement & training schedules, needs assessment, employee relations and development. retention especially of key staff, job substitution.
- HR counselling and employee services.
- Act as a balancing figure within the company.
- Identify and address preferably on a proactive basis any emerging issues which may be harmful to the institution, individual and team.
- Monitor company wage and salary structure.
- Maximise cost-effectiveness in all areas.
- Monitor employee performance.
- Facilitate employee training (in-house & outsourced).
- Prepares reports for management.
- Participates in company meetings.
- Assists other managers.
- Interviews (in the recruitment process) management.
- Establish a positive employer / employee relationship.
- Ensure ethical standards and regulatory compliance.
- Visit staff on the job sites on a regular basis.
- Perform any job as directed by the company director.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be highly motivated, diplomatic and flexible.
- Possess a ‘Yes I can attitude’ and is willing to go the extra mile.
- IT literate.
- Have a valid driving licence.
- Able to proactively manage the varied requirements of the employees / employer.
- Decision taker.
- Act as a balancing figure.
- Be a good negotiator, communicator, listener, team worker, team builder, team leader.
- Have excellent interpersonal and assertive skills.
- Have knowledge of employment laws, policies, procedures, practices.
- Have qualifications in HR management, project management will be considered as an asset.
- Have a minimum of a higher secondary level of education, attended courses in health and safety, fire fighting, first aid.
- Have good writing and communication skills in Maltese and English.
- Have occupied a similar role at SME Level (small and medium-sized enterprise) and is willing to develop further.
Application is only applicable for the candidates that meet the work description above. Application is available for candidates that want to make a long career with a growing company.
Training and company culture will be given to the right candidate.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the selected candidate according to his / her experience.
AG Installations – KMP-56190