NBG Bank Malta Limited, a full subsidiary of the National Bank of Greece Group (Greek systemic bank) that has been operating as a credit institution since 2005 and regulated by the MFSA, now seeks to recruit a Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst.
The position holder shall be responsible with the operation and security of the Bank’s IT Systems, new systems implementation, acquisition, retention and maintenance. Reporting to the IT Manager, he / she shall also ascertain the implementation of the Bank’s IT strategy aligning transformation strategy and technology needs in collaboration with other departments and / or Bank personnel.
- Performing database administration (i.e. Microsoft SQL), maintenance including software installations and SQL Server configuration.
- Design, build and deployment of BI Solutions using SQL Management Studio.
- Design, build, test and deployment of database solutions via stored procedures.
- Troubleshooting technical issues such as job failure troubleshooting, performance tuning, permissions and database configuration.
- Reviewing existing stored procedures code, recommending and implementing improvements.
- Improving the reports extracted from the core banking system.
- Act as the intermediary between the technical team and the non-technical end users.
- Responsible for data integrity, security and recovery.
- Provides design and development support for analytical systems and data integration applications.
- Preparing regular and / or ad-hoc reports as requested by (senior) management.
Qualifications and Skills:
The job holder should demonstrate the following:
- A University degree (MQF Level 6) in Information Technology, Mathematics, Electronics or Engineering, as well as professional qualification(s) in Information Technology with at least 2 years of relevant experience in Banking or Financial services and / or 4 years’ experience in working with databases;
- Previous experience in implementing Microsoft SSIS ETL package solutions;
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines and to work in a team environment;
- A high degree of self-confidence and well-organised;
- Proficiency in English.
NBG Bank – KMP-54580