We are looking for a passionate techie to join an energetic team that is transitioning from traditional system administration to platform engineering by harnessing Agile, DevOps and infrastructure as code.
The team is responsible for the continuous improvement and operation of the Government’s shared IT infrastructure which includes a Hybrid cloud platform (Azure and Azure stack) with a mix of IAAS and PAAS offerings, the Government’s server and database ecosystem, an enterprise-level storage and backup solution, and the Government directory service.
As a Solutions Architect, you will be responsible to help us build a reliable, shared and fully self-service infrastructure, to troubleshoot operational issues, reduce the recurrence of incidents and propose service improvements.
We are looking for:
- Previous experience / competencies in 3rd line engineering / operations / sysadmin;
- Experience / competencies in working with one or more of the below technologies (more is better):
- Database engines (such as Microsoft SQL Server and MySQL);
- Server operating systems (MS Windows / Linux);
- Virtual hosting infrastructures (VMware, VEEAM backup, SAN storage);
- An interest to gain a broad and deep level understanding of our hybrid cloud platform – experience with Azure / Azure stack setups is considered a bonus;
- Likes to:
- write code (using powershell, bash, python or anything you are familiar with) and use automation tools (such as terraform and ansible) to manage scalable, reliable and maintainable infrastructures;
- experiment with cloud technologies (such as CI/CD pipelines, containers and Kubernetes).
Eligible candidates will hold either of the following combinations of qualifications and / or experience, related to ICT:
- An ICT degree (MQF Level 7 or higher);
- An ICT degree (MQF Level 6) and 1‐year experience in an ICT related area;
- An ICT diploma (MQF Level 5) and 3 years’ experience in an ICT related area;
- An ICT diploma (MQF Level 4) and 4 years’ experience in an ICT related area;
- Five years’ experience in an ICT related area.
The candidate’s qualifications, experience, and competencies will be assessed in line with the agency’s career progression framework. Successful candidates may be engaged at either the standard level – career level 4 or the senior level – career level 5.
MITA is an equal opportunities employer. We invest in your future.
MITA – KMP-58321