MGR Human Resources Ltd, a member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are looking to hire a Quality Assurance Support Officer for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in IPA, EASO HQ in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support the Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The successful candidate will be expected, amongst other, to perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Ensure consistency in and quality of the processing of applications for international protection by EASO caseworkers, in line with detailed Standard Operating Procedures and EU asylum acquis and international law of refugee protection
- Provide or contribute to training, workshops and meetings related to quality issues in the processing of applications for international protection
- Provide in cooperation / consultation with the Senior Manager for Protection Operations, Senior Protection Officers and other relevant officers / stakeholders, written procedural guidance to staff, such as general procedural guidance, thematic procedural guidance (such as persons with special procedural needs, SGBV, LGBTQI issues) and procedural guidance per procedure (e.g. regular, accelerated, subsequent, last-minute applications), based on national and European legislation
- Development of written guidelines e.g. SOPs, checklists, and templates that are necessary for all the steps of the asylum procedure at first instance
- Update and implement all developments in guidance, quality feedback and SOPs, timely flag shortcomings and inconsistencies and propose improvements and solutions
- Work in close cooperation, consultation with Senior Protection Officers and under the coordination of the Senior Manager for Protection Operations.
- Provide second-tier guidance to protection officers and team leaders on conducting interviews with applicants for international protection and on preparing evaluation reports on applications
- Regulate meetings between the Team Leaders and IPA representative/s to discuss both procedural and substantial issues which arise in the examination of applications for international protection.
- Review evaluation reports of caseworkers and protection officers before signature by the appointed IPA staff.
- Work in cooperation and consultation with the quality assurance staff in EASO’s Asylum Knowledge Centre
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant for the specific profile
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in law political, humanitarian, and / or social studies
- Relevant post-graduate degree will be considered as an asset
- Previous experience of at least 5 years as asylum caseworker is required, both in conducting interviews for refugee status determination and in preparing the respective decisions / opinions / recommendations
- Experience in vulnerability and exclusion procedures, especially in the Maltese context, will be considered as an asset
- Very good understanding of the Maltese migration and asylum context
- Past experience within the EASO operations context as caseworker will be considered as an asset
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (Word, Excel), use of the internet and web-based applications
- Excellent intercultural / interdisciplinary communication skills
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of a team
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €38,985.12 gross annually in twelve monthly instalments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than the 9th of December 2020. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to a written test on 15th of December followed by an online interview on the 16th of December.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-56483