MGR Human Resources Ltd, member of MAP S.Platis Group of Companies, is a leading, broad HR consulting, training, recruitment and temporary placements agency. We are looking to hire a Flow Management Support Officer – Reception for the European Asylum Support Office to be based in EASO premises and AWAS centres in Malta.
The successful candidate will work on a secondment basis for the awarded contract for the Provision of Interim Services to the European Asylum Support Office (EASO). EASO is an EU Regulatory Agency headquartered in Malta whose mandate is to strengthen EU Member States’ practical cooperation on asylum, to support Member States whose asylum systems are under particular pressure and to enhance the implementation of the Common European Asylum System.
The successful candidate will be expected, amongst others, to perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Regular contact with assigned national authority staff to receive updates about new arrivals and cases assigned to EASO for processing
- Support the coordinators on the management of the referral system, liaising when required with the relevant stakeholders and authorities
- Prepare the schedule for the assessment, screening and info provision activities, considering prioritisation of certain categories of cases, in line with instructions received from the line manager and/or the national authorities coordinator
- Plan and communicate daily to authorities the schedule for transportation of applicants for screening exercises and vulnerability assessments
- Plan and communicate daily to the coordinators and the colleagues the schedule for transportation of the staff and the interpreters for the reception activities
- Follow up on the cases that must be rescheduled
- Support management of the activity of the interpreters to ensure coverage of the interpretation needs for EASO activities, monitor and provide feedback on interpretation services, assess future needs and communicate them to the line manager, and act as focal point for any interpretation challenges
- Support management of the assessment support activities, including workload, quality checks and guidelines, onboarding of newcomers and practical training rotations
- Liaise with local stakeholders in relation to the coordination of assessment activities on the different reception centres
- Consult regularly all relevant colleagues in the reception team and, when necessary, within the determining national authority to ensure accuracy of the information provided
- Oversee and monitor the statistical tools used by the EASO team, referring to the EASO personnel when need be to update, fill in, correct
- Apply corrections in the statistical tools used by EASO team, feeding in with information provided by the determining authority on new caseload
- Draft documents, templates, statistics, minutes and reports
- Identification of any procedural gap or challenge and support on improving the overall workflow system
- Provide regular analytical and statistical reports on outputs and challenges of the EASO Operations team
- Perform any other tasks in the interest of the service, relevant to the specific profile
- Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in the administration or business management, or similar
- Relevant post-graduate degree will be considered as an advantage
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in a position where flow management skills were required
- Experience in asylum procedures and reception setting, especially in the Maltese context, will be considered as an asset
- Very good understanding of the Maltese migration and asylum context
- Past experience within the EASO operations context will be considered as advantageous
- Analytical skills and ability to work as a member of the team
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Computer literate, including MS Office applications (e.g. Teams, Word, Outlook), use of web based applications and strong skills in Excel and Sharepoint
- Flexibility and fast adaptability to challenges in the field
- Leadership skills
- Excellent intercultural / interdisciplinary communication skills
- Driving license category B will be considered advantageous
The position falls in hierarchical Category IV and the associated salary is €38,985.12 gross annually in twelve monthly installments.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality. Interested applicants should apply for the vacancy no later than Wednesday 20th of January 2021.
Please note that only successful candidates will be contacted.
MGR is an equal opportunities employer.
MGR Human Resources Ltd – KMP-57271