We are currently recruiting for a Chef De Rang to join our service team. We are looking for a passionate individual who has a love for the hospitality industry and is seeking to advance in their career. The ideal candidate will possess strong leadership skills and be responsible for delivering exceptional service to our guests at all times.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Share and deliver an amazing food experience to our customers.
- Deliver fantastic produce and outstanding restaurant cleanliness.
- Deliver outstanding customer service and exceed guest expectations.
- Have a sound knowledge of our menu and services.
- Greet guests upon arrival.
- Be confident and capable with tableside food preparation.
- Engage with customers in a polite and friendly manner.
- Provide the perfect service experience to every customer.
- Ensure the customer feels important and welcomed in a friendly manner.
- Take customer’s orders, checking for any special dietary requirements and making the appropriate suggestions accordingly.
- Adhere to timing standards for products and services.
- Look for ways to consolidate service and increase table turns.
- Apply positive suggestive sales approach to guide guests.
- Ensure guests are satisfied with their meals and process orders for additional orders if necessary.
- Serve the guest in an accommodating manner.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during heavy restaurant activity.
- Look for ways to avoid waste and limit cost.
- Assist in the general upkeep and cleanliness of the Restaurant and surrounding areas.
- Provide responsible service of alcoholic beverages.
- Follow all cash handling policies and procedures.
- Interact positively with customers promoting the hotel’s facilities and services.
- Answer the restaurant telephone in a clear voice, coordinate and document reservations.
- Be responsibility minded for the breakage and loss of the restaurant’s equipment.
- Attend any necessary training courses (i.e. food handling and health and safety).
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager or hotel senior management.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a fine dining environment.
- Sound knowledge of quality food and beverage operations.
- Good knowledge of international cuisine.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of beverages.
- Communication skills.
- Able to maintain high energy levels for extended periods of time.
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Must be flexible to work varying shift patterns.
Iniala Management Limited – KMP-56512