Put your ability to work!
We’re looking for a DevOps Specialist to play a key role in managing software release activities. This role is technical on one side and integrative on the other as you need to keep in contact and manage expectations of other teams.
The DevOps Specialist will play a key role in managing software release activities in the Digital team at GO using industry best practices for release, configuration and implementation management. The right candidate will have both strong coordination skills to support the overall orchestration processes that see software being put into production as well as technical expertise in DevOps technologies to maintain and continuously improve upon the underlying Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery infrastructure.
Does this sound like you? Here’s what you need to have to match our requirements:
- Basic programming / scripting skills in programming languages prevalent in the industry.
- Experience working on different OS platforms, including variants of Windows and UNIX.
- Working knowledge of DBMS platforms and SQL.
- Familiarity with the software development life cycle and Agile processes.
- Experience using applications and tools across the various DevOps domains, such as, Jira, Confluence, Git, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Spring Cloud Config, Cucumber, Soap UI, Docker, SonarQube and Nexus.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- High level of self-motivation, self-organisation, orientation to detail, ability to prioritize many tasks and commitment to the highest standards of quality for the entire release process.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Here is how to score some extra points:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in the software development field, ideally in a DevOps or release management role.
- Experience using applications and tools such as, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Demonstrated experience related to release management, configuration management, and change management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or an equivalent level of technical background gathered from other certifications and/or working experience.
If this describes you, then this is a glimpse of what you’ll be doing:
- Interacting with product management, project management, development and operations teams to plan, validate and execute software releases and system rollouts.
- Maintaining and improving upon software release processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices and tools.
- Working closely with development teams to help select tools, design infrastructure, implement automation and facilitate the software build/release process.
- Coordinating the use of testing and staging environments across teams and parallel initiatives, managing the calendar of deployments and ensuring that quality assurance processes are followed through.
- Keeping yourself up to date on prevailing DevOps practices and tools.
- Maintaining and reporting upon suitable KPIs.
- Supporting the Software Delivery, QA and test automation team as required in meeting set objectives and striving for continuous improvement in all areas of activity.
- Undertaking any other related tasks as directed by superiors.
We’ll recruit as soon as we find our match. Don’t think twice – apply now!
GO plc – KMP-54086