The Chief Executive Officer of the Energy and Water Agency invites interested applicants to fill in the vacant position of Officer (Project Management) (grade 5)with the agency.
The post of Officer forms part of the Energy and Water Agency and will be working within the Agency’s Projects’ Unit.
The Officer may be required to work under pressure, unsupervised and may be required by the Agency’s management to work at the office during after-hours.
The duties of the Officer may include inter alia:
- The support of the overall project management (administrative and finance) of the Interreg Mediterranean Incircle project;
- Participate in the review process of the Incircle project;
- Participate in, or lead as required, the administrative and financial reporting requirements under the Incircle project;
- Participate, as required in meetings in Malta and abroad within the Incircle Project;
- Participate in any project audit which may be carried out by independent auditors and/or the EU Commission;
- Participate in the coordination of project related contracts throughout their drafting, tendering adjudication and execution phases;
- Participate in studies / assessments of the financial, technical or socio-economic feasibility of the work packages within the Incircle project;
- Act as the Energy and Water Agency’s focal point for the Incircle project with the other beneficiaries and the Lead Partner;
- Provide, as directed, support to the other beneficiaries and the Lead Partner in the drafting of the administrative, technical and financial reporting requirements;
- Participate as required in Incircle Project Management Committees and Technical / Administrative working groups;
- Support as necessary, the general administration of the Incircle project;
- Participate, as required, in technical workshops and stakeholder / public events under the Incircle project;
- Assist in developing project reporting tools and the assessment of project status information in order to highlight any deviations from planned objectives and identify the necessary corrective action;
- The preparation of reports and other documentation related to the implementation of the work packages within the Incircle project;
- Undertake any other tasks assigned by the Chief Executive Officer and as required within the Project Management Unit.
By the closing time and date of this call for applications, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- MQF level 6 in the field of Sciences, Geography, Environmental Science, Economics and Accounts or other comparable qualification;
- Candidates who are in their final year of studies are also eligible to apply. In these cases, if the candidate is selected, the contract will only be signed when official results certifying the award of the qualification from the academic institution under which the candidate is following his/her studies are provided.
Due consideration will be given to applicants who:
- Have undertaken training and are experienced in the use of project management tools and software;
- Have participated in administrative and/or financial management of projects financed under EU funding programmes;
- Have experience in public service management and procedures.
Energy & Water Agency – KMP-53622