There has never been a more exciting time to join SRGN – db Group of restaurants, so far consisting of AKI, Amami, Blu Beach Club, Westreme and Nine Lives. We are a team of hardworking, dedicated hospitality professionals that come together to really make a difference in people’s lives by fulfilling our motto – excellence in everything we do.
We are currently making a call for applications to join our growing team for the position of Executive Sous Chef.
Main Job Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with executive Chef on menu engineering for current outlets and future projects;
- Research and implement new culinary concepts;
- Ensuring that menu recipes are adhered to, with regards to quality, cost, and presentation;
- Guest satisfaction follow ups with Head Chefs / Sous Chefs of various outlets;
- General quality control of all food and kitchen operations;
- Ensure that food stock levels within the outlets are of sufficient quantity and quality in relevance to standards and forecasts;
- Creating weekly specials and liaising with Head Chefs / Sous Chefs of the outlets, whilst ensuring all recipes are updated in stock management system. Including follow up on guest feedback.
- Ensure that all food safety / HACCP standards are being adhered to and maintained;
- Stock taking of plating / crockery and outsourcing of new plating / crockery needed, upon presentation to Executive Chef;
- Ensure that the overall culinary department is motivated and that positive feedback on work performance is given;
- Trainining and coaching of kitchen staff;
- Review manning requirements with the Executive Chef.
- Fair and firm management abilities with influencing skills;
- Strong administration skills;
- Creative and innovative;
- Strong knowledge / experience in kitchen department;
- A hands-on approach to all operational aspects;
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills;
- Initiative and self-motivated;
- Ideal training and coaching skills.
db Group – KMP-58249