The candidate is responsible:
- To manage and improve financial performance and direct accounting operations
- To manage accounting records, evaluate and manage risk, ensure compliance with regulations, prepare management accounts, oversee accounting operations, analyse financial data, monitor expenditure, forecast revenue, prepare budgets, coordinate auditing processes, and ensure accuracy of financial information
- To manage treasury
- To implement and monitor internal controls
- To coordinate with the Post Contract department the prompt measurement of works, the certification of works, and the payment of certified works.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Prepare the monthly financial statements of the company for presentation to management and board in line with specific deadlines
- Collate, prepare, and interpret reports, budgets, and accounts
- Manage the company’s financial accounting, reporting, and monitoring systems
- Keep abreast with relevant changes in international accounting standards, best practices, and applicable regulations
- Liaise with the external auditors of the company to ensure that appropriate annual monitoring is carried out
- Implement and improve reporting with the use of key performance indicators relating to cost, contribution, HR cost, etc.
- Responsible for the unit liquidity and cashflow including the collection of funds and payments.
- To forecast the units’ cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and funds available for investment.
- Ensure that the units are meeting its commitments on time and were in difficulty bring to the immediate attention of superiors.
- Regularly carrying out project cost control and costing reviews including variance analyses against tendered value.
- Review current process and together with the team implement improved process for better internal control & efficiency of reporting also through the use of IT.
- Reporting of Project Profitability on a monthly basis.
- Participate in the formulation of strategic and long-term business plans.
- Analyse change and advise management on the best way forward.
- Assist in carrying out research on pricing, competitors, market trends and other relevant factors that may affect business performance.
- Preparation of Annual budgets.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Work is normally in an office environment.
- Working hours are usually up to 40 hours a week but being a managerial position, hours can vary according to company needs and more hours are normally expected in such a role
Education & Licenses Required
Previous experience in the construction industry is a must.
The ideal candidate must possess an ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) or a similar qualification and hence must be experienced in IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards), preparation of management accounts, budgeting and treasury management.
Knowledge / Skills / Qualities / Tools & Equipment used in this Position
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Has great knowledge of the construction industry.
- Knowledge of financial reporting and accounting standards and regulations.
- The ability to clearly and coherently explain financial information to clients or management.
- Personnel management skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Good communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- IT skills.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Time management skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A high level of drive and ambition.
- A methodical and meticulous approach.
- A sense of initiative.
- A solution-oriented approach.
- An ability to see the bigger picture.
- Attention to detail.
- Business acumen.
- Critical thinking skills.
Attard Brothers Group of Companies – KMP-53718