There has never been a more exciting time to join the authentic Japanese restaurant and lounge bar in the heart of Valletta; Aki. Our objective is to offer delicious food in a welcoming environment, coupled with a friendly yet efficient service that our customers have come to expect. We are currently recruiting more Sushi Chefs for the latest fusion dining restaurant on the Maltese islands.
- Prepare all types of sushi, including maki, nigiri and sashimi.
- Select fresh fruits and vegetables to make high-quality dishes.
- Add additional flavours to sushi rolls with ginger, rice vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce, when appropriate.
- Coordinate with our wait staff to ensure proper cooking, considering special requests and food allergies.
- To prepare food in accordance with menu recipes, quality criteria’s and quantities required.
- Maintain the integrity and authenticity of recipes offered at the respective restaurant / section
- Source authentic ingredients and or recommend substitute ingredients, if not available on the Maltese Islands.
- Optimise cooking processes with attention to speed and quality.
- Maintain outlet safety at all times.
- Consistently maintain food and safety protection by ensuring that all food handling processes are compliant with
- HACCP food safety guidelines, regulations and procedures.
- Interact with customers, communicating menu items and promoting dishes listed on menu.
- Work within budgetary framework established for the department.
- Experience working as a Sushi Chef, preferably in a fusion dining concept.
- Working knowledge of various dining concepts in Oriental cuisine is considered as advantageous.
- Ability to prepare various types of Japanese cuisine including Sashimi, Sushi and Tempura dishes.
- Primarily works in front of guests while preparing food orders at the sushi bar whilst ensuring a fun and engaging experience for our patrons.
- Monitors and ensures that food orders are in accordance with the company’s established levels of cleanliness and sanitisation.
- Exceptional culinary skills.
- Creativity, innovation and presentation skills.
- Observe HACCP protocols and internal operating procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure in a popular dining venue.
- Maintains a high level of personal hygiene.
- Conforms with grooming standards.
AKI Restaurant – KMP-56244